Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 90th Birthday, Granddaddy (oh, and Happy 4th, too!)

We had our families over today to celebrate Granddaddy's 90th birthday. I cannot even begin to count the ways he and Mema have blessed our family. I have no grandparents left on my side of the family, so it is nice to have Nathan's set to look up to. Nathan's family is having a big several-day celebration for this momentous occasion, so both of his mom's sisters are in town, as is one of Mema's sisters, Erma Lee (whom I'd never met until today!). We had a really nice time together.
Granddaddy shows his excitement while opening gifts
Granddaddy and Nathan
He said that if he'd ever had a son of his own, he would've wanted him to be just like Nathan.
Granddaddy and Emmaline reading a book
Katie with one of Nathan's rifles
This picture cracks me up! Doesn't she look like she fits the part?!

No comments: