Friday, November 30, 2007
Thursday, November 29, 2007
Emmaline got a pink baby carriage that says
"Emmaline Kate, First Christmas"
Wednesday, November 28, 2007
Tuesday, November 27, 2007
Monday, November 26, 2007
Sunday, November 25, 2007
I love books and reading is one of my favorite things to do when I get any spare time. Thankfully, our kids love to read also. We have books on practically every subject and it is always fun to pull out the ones that match whatever holiday we are celebrating. I got out our Christmas books today and was surprised at how many we have collected over the years. It will be fun to read them over the next few weeks.
Jacob wearing his Santa hat (literally)
Saturday, November 24, 2007
Friday, November 23, 2007
Thursday, November 22, 2007
Turkey Placecards made by Jacob and Ellie
Emmaline hoping Aunt Katie will drop something
Andy, Dad, Katie, Nathan, and Mom
Ellie and Emmaline (on Mimi's rocking horse)
Emmaline enjoyed her jar of sweet potatoes and turkey
Ellie enjoys her chocolate turkey
Playing video games with Uncle David
Wednesday, November 21, 2007
Our hiking boots, all lined up
Playing peanut with Katie and Andy
The Camo Crew: Jacob, Uncle Andy (his is the real deal), and Ellie
Mom, Katie, and Andy head down the big hill behind our cabin
Tuesday, November 20, 2007
Man arrested for theft after partially eating pizza
By Staff report
Sunday, November 11, 2007
DAYTON — Oct. 6: Police were called after a pizza was delivered to a residence in the 100 block of East Helena Street. The pizza order had anchovies on the side but the subject said he wanted them cooked on the pizza. He asked to see the pizza and the driver told him she wasn't giving him the pizza until she received the money. The subject snatched the pizza box, opened it and quickly ate four to six slices of pizza. He then gave the partially eaten pizza back to the driver.
He told her he ate some of the pizza so she couldn't take it back to the store. The subject told police the pizza wasn't prepared the way he wanted and he decided to taste test it before paying.
An officer told the subject he owed $15.49 since he ate some of the pizza. The subject said he wasn't paying for anything and for the officer to do what he was going to do. The subject was arrested for theft.
Monday, November 19, 2007
Sunday, November 18, 2007
We've gone to Cowan Lake in the fall for as long as I remember. Even when Jacob was born (11/02), we were there 9 days after his birth. Here are some of my favorite pics. from previous trips:
Jacob and Katie work a puzzle - 11/2003
Jacob - 10/2004
Saturday, November 17, 2007
1. I love being a stay-at-home mom, but sometimes wish I had a job just to escape the chaos and get some adult conversation.
2. I do not like milk. I can only stand it on cereal if the cereal is sugared or I've added some sugar to it to mask the taste. Apparently, I've never liked the taste of milk because my mom says I wouldn't drink it when I was little either. Ironically, I love cheese and ice cream!
3. My nickname is "Sticky". I was always super-thin (I hate the term skinny...it doesn't sound complimenting at all!) growing up, so my family started calling me this because I resembled a stick.
4. I love my New Balance gym shoes and wear them all the time. Occasionally, I'll dress my feet up in something nicer, but I usually pick comfort over style.
5. I am still friends with several people I grew up with. Nathan and I met in kindergarten (25 years ago). I also met Becky M., Becky D., and Jen B. at the same time. My "longest friend" award goes to Emily though because we met when we were 3-months old.
6. I hate to sweat! Therefore, I hate to be outside in the summer or doing anything that makes me feel hot and sticky. Bring on the AC!
7. My favorite place to eat is Don Pablo's. They have the best cheese enchiladas that I've ever tasted and their rice and corn cake are yummy too.
If you want to do this on your blog, consider yourself tagged.
Friday, November 16, 2007
Thursday, November 15, 2007
Ellie and her red and purple striped cat.
Jacob and his green car
Ellie and her orange and red car
(All crafts provided by a very thoughtful Aunt Katie.)
Wednesday, November 14, 2007
Tuesday, November 13, 2007
Monday, November 12, 2007
Thank you to all our veterans! Our country would not be the same without you!
My brother, Andy, sang this in church yesterday while wearing his Air Force dress uniform. What a tear-jerker! He did such a wonderful job. If I can get a copy of him actually singing it, I'll post it.
Sunday, November 11, 2007
Here are a few of things to keep in mind if you decide to give Aldi a try: 1) Make sure you have a quarter...you have to unlock your grocery cart by inserting a quarter. Don't worry, you'll get it back when you return the cart. This eliminates the need to pay someone to bring the carts in from the parking lot. 2) You have to buy your shopping bags to put your stuff in when you're done shopping. The prices are extremely cheap...5 cents for a paper bag, 10 cents for plastic, and they also have bags for frozen/fridge stuff very reasonably priced. You can reuse them on subsequent visits, so consider it an investment. 3) They do not take many forms of payments, so come armed with cash or your 5/3 debit card.
If my word isn't enough, Clark Howard also recommends shopping at Aldi as a way to save money (check out his program notes from 7/26/07). Who wouldn't love to save a few bucks (or more)?
Saturday, November 10, 2007
Jacob and Ellie help Uncle Andy blow out the candles on his cheesecake.
Emmaline helps Uncle Andy unwrap presents.
I'm sure this was his most prized gift. It is a container of "Anti-Monkeybutt" powder. When I saw it, I couldn't resist getting it for Andy. Don't worry, we gave him money too!