Monday, April 9, 2007

Happy Easter (one day late!)!

Happy Easter to one and all! We had a busy weekend celebrating. Saturday was spent with my family for dinner and an indoor egg hunt. It's hard to hunt for eggs outside when there are snow flurries. I remember last year we were outside wearing shorts...welcome to weather in Ohio! The kids had lots of fun and made off with tons of Easter loot. Thanks Aunt Katie and Mimi! Mom made a yummy carrot cake with cream cheese that looked like a bunny.

The kids were very excited to find their Easter baskets on Sunday morning. Ellie got a Dora tricycle and Jacob got two new V.smile games in addition to the little stuff. Emmy got a book and rattle. Her big present hasn't arrived yet, but we ordered an activity mat that will help strengthen her neck and arm muscles.
After breakfast we went to church. The kids looked so cute in the new outfits. Ellie and Emmy wore matching dresses and Jacob looked so grown up in his sweater vest and argyle socks. I'm glad I thought ahead and bought sweaters for the girls to wear because they sure needed them.
We spent Sunday afternoon with Nathan's family. It warmed up some, so we decided to have the egg hunt outside. The kids loved running around the yard finding their treasures. Emmy enjoyed playing inside with Uncle David and her new stuffed animals.

Holidays are always so hectic, but I love spending time with family and making lots of fun memories for the kids!

2 comments:

Emily said...

How cute are your kids!! I love the matching dresses. I'm looking forward to Katy being old enough to do stuff like egg hunts... but yeah, the weather was a real bummer. But oh well, I keep thinking spring HAS to be just around the corner.

Mimi said...

Celebrating Easter was so much fun this year! Little children look at life with so much enthusiasm. Wish I had half that energy. I love it when we all get together.