On facebook, several friends listed something each day that they were thankful for. I didn't get around to doing a daily list, so I thought I'd just list my 30 things here instead.
Jen's Thankful 30:
1. the ability to stay home with our children
2. being able to homeschool, even on the bad days
3. Usborne books - I love the freedom this job brings!
4. our cozy old home, even though something always needs fixing
5. our dog, Paige - the sweetest canine ever. She is so great with the kids
6. 2 reliable vehicles - Nathan's is 15 years old and mine is 10, but they keep plugging along
7. that we've never had to pay for a baby sitter - I love having both sets of our parents close by
8. our homeschool co-op - a great chance to socialize the kids (& myself!)
9. good neighbors
10. that Emmaline's heart surgery isn't until next summer - plenty of time for God to heal the hole
11. Netflix - so many shows, so little time!
12. our church - i don't know how people get through life w/o a church family to support them
13. friends from childhood and beyond
14. facebook - i love keeping in touch with friends and family that are near and far, including my brother in Qatar
15. that God's ways are not my ways, and that they are ALWAYS better than what I had planned
16. Jacob - He tries my patience, makes me laugh, and is such a good big brother for his sisters.
17. Gabrielle - Sneaky & sweet rolled into one. She loves to read, just like her Momma.
18. Emmaline - Hard-working, loveable, strong-willed, and a friend to everyone she meets.
19. running - a new found hobby that keeps me healthy for my family
20. hubby's reliable job - he loves what he does and is a good provider for our family
21. Aegis Martial Arts - a place where Nathan and the kids can train for free
22. Katie - my younger sister - I hate that she lives 8 hours away, but love that we stay connected through weekly phone calls and text messaging
23. books - I love to read and don't know what I would do w/o a book or magazine to help settle my mind each night before bed
24. the laptop - makes work, editing pictures, and blogging so much easier than our old desk top
25. Mrs. Kristen - Emmaline's new speech therapist this year - she has helped Emmy make so much progress with her communication skills
26. that my unexplained lung/breathing issues cleared up - it was awful not being able to breathe w/o coughing and wheezing for 3 months. I don't take regular breathing for granted anymore!
27. freedoms allowed in the USA that are banned in other countries, like speech and worship
28. date night - every Thursday, I look forward to this time to reconnect with hubby sans kiddos
29. monthly moms' night out with our Down syndrome group - they get me!
30. Nathan - part of my life for 29 years, my husband for 13...I truly can't imagine life w/o my best friend