Monday, August 17, 2009

First Day of School

We started school today. Jacob is in 2nd grade, Ellie is in kindergarten, and Emmaline will be working on some preschool stuff. I'm using the same program that I used with Jacob in kindergarten with Ellie (LifePacs). I chose to use the K12 program with Jacob this year. It is mostly online, but has lot of worksheets to reinforce what he learns on the computer. It's also a lot of record keeping for me, but I'm thankful to have someone looking over my shoulder this year to make sure I'm covering everything I need to. Did I mention that this program is FREE?! It is considered a charter school, so our tax dollars pay for it (which I guess doesn't make it truly free, but you get the gist!). They even provide a computer for each student and will pay part of our internet bill.

Pray that this is a good school year for all of us. Jacob is probably the one that needs the most prayer. He is super smart, but doesn't like when he has to do school work. It's not that he isn't capable of doing the work, he just doesn't WANT to do it. We butt heads a lot over this issue, so praying for patience for me would be good as well.
Emmaline likes to color and read books while I work with the older two
My big kindergartener
I told Jacob to wear something nice so I could take his picture.
Didn't he do a great job of picking out his outfit?!

No comments: