Thursday, November 5, 2009

Honesty is the best policy!

Every 8 weeks, we have a conference call with Jacob's online teacher. We had a call this week and met in the online classroom. She and I talked for a bit and then she listened to Jacob read and asked him some questions. Then, she started asking him about contractions (not the kind you have when giving birth, but the kind you get when combining two words). This is something we haven't covered yet as it isn't in the curriculum until later this month. Anyway, he started to panic because he didn't know the answers, so I quietly started telling him the answers in the background. Mrs. Daley was impressed that Jacob knew all the answers, so she asked him if he had learned contractions before. His answer, "No, my mommy is telling me the answers!" Of all the times for for him to choose to be honest!!! She and I both got a good laugh out of it!

No comments: