Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy 2008!


Happy New Year! We didn't do much today, but relax around the house. For dinner, my parents invited us over for the traditional pork and sauerkraut dinner. Supposedly, it brings you good luck for the year if you eat this on New Year's Day. I only remember dreading this meal growing up because I hated the taste of sauerkraut and we were always forced to eat some of it. I'm finding that I like to eat lots of stuff that I didn't used to (probably because it is now my choice as to whether I eat it or not!). Long story short, I like sauerkraut now. I was almost afraid to try it, but have to admit that it was especially yummy with the pork and homemade mashed potatoes. So, thanks Mom, for making me eat something that 20 years later I would actually learn to like!
After dinner, we attempted a family picture in front of my parents' tree. The one above is the best (and last) of 5 and as you can see, Emmaline was getting tired of sitting still. We hope that everyone has a wonderful year full of God's blessings. I can't wait to see all He has planned for our family!

Ellie and Emmaline love to watch tv with Papaw

Jacob loves to play Xbox (which we do not have at our house!)

One of several family photos...can't you feel the sibling love?

No comments: