Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Impromptu Play Day






My sister, Dee, came down to visit today at my parents' house and brought my nephew, Colton, with her. After we finished school, I took the kiddos over so that they could play with their cousin. They only live 30 minutes away, but with work, kids, and other things, we don't get to see them very often. We had lunch and then listened to the chaos as the kids played together.




Emmaline sat in the orange stool for the first time.
We tied her in with one of my brother's belts.


Watching the birds and squirrels


Gabrielle and Colton had fun shooting the bad guys




Then they took a "nap" in front of the fireplace


Jacob spent most of his time playing video games with Uncle Andy


Dee and Colton had to leave around 3, but the kids and I stayed and had dinner with my parents so that Nathan could sleep in peace and quiet at our house (he'd gone to bed later than normal today). Mom made a yummy stir-fry for the adults, and the kids munched on mini hotdogs and homemade macaroni and cheese. By the time we got home, it was bath time and then bed time, which thankfully, Nathan was able to get up and help with. It was a long, but really fun day.



No comments: