Tuesday, March 10, 2009

My New Favorite Movie


I should probably be ashamed to say this, but I have seen "Fireproof" 5 times in the past 8 days. Sure, part of it is for Kirk Cameron (he has aged really well!), but I also love the story line. I can relate the the struggles of being married to an emergency worker (don't worry, Nathan and I are fine!) and it was good to see that portrayed on the big screen. Another reason I like the movie so much is because of who Kirk Cameron is in real life. I have gotten to the point where I have trouble watching movies if I know the actor/actress has a messed-up personal life. Kirk has been married to Chelsea Noble (whom he met on "Growing Pains") for 17 years and they have 6 kids. It is nice to see a dedicated father and husband be successful while still holding strong to his Christian values. Anyway, if you haven't seen the movie, please do. It's great for struggling marriages, but is also a good reminder to all about loving your spouse unconditionally and putting their needs first. I won't be offended if you don't like it as much as I do, but I definitely think that this movie is a "must see" for all.

3 comments:

Becky :) said...

I can't say enough about this movie!!

Oma Froehle said...

I've heard this one is good. It's on my list to see very soon. Thanks, Jen.

Gwen Ernst said...

Amen, sister! I love this movie, too! It is one we plan on owning and we own very few movies. I know the Lord used this movie in a friend of mine's life. She was on the brink of divorce and I asked her if she would go see it in the theater with me. She said yes, then backed out, then in the end, agreed on coming. I had told her it was about marriage, but in the middle of the movie, through her tears, she said, "were you on a mission to bring me to this movie?" After the movie, we talked in her van for 2 1/2 hours. It was around midnight when I prayed with her and we both went home. A couple days later, she called me to tell me she had changed her mind. They have a lot to work out, but I told her God was in the business of doing miracles and could do one in their marriage!