Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Why I Haven't Had Time to Blog Recently

In October, I had the brilliant idea to make fleece blankets for my nieces and nephews and our 3 kids for Christmas. Jo-Ann's had their fleece for 1/2 price, so I bought enough to make all 7 blankets. It was over two months until Christmas, so I had plenty of time to work on them.

Fast forward to the beginning of December...I haven't even started the blankets yet! My first blanket took me 2 1/2 hours because I'd never made one before. By the time I started blanket #4, I had it down to a science and it only took me 1 1/2 hours from start to finish. I finished my final blanket of the Christmas season on Sunday and wanted to post the end results. These blankets are super warm and comfy and have gotten rave reviews from the recipients.

Andy's - Do you know how hard it was to find a pattern that a 15 year-old would like ?!
Ellie's has ballerinas
Emmaline and Kayla got matching snail blankets
Colton got soccer players because he played on his first soccer team this year
Jacob loves his pirate blanket
Marleigh got random flowers, but coincidentally, it matches her bedroom!

No comments: