Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Heart Day!

It is nice to have a special day set aside to show those closest to us how much we love them. Today, I made a yummy lunch complete with dessert for us to enjoy so that Nathan and I could go out for dinner later that evening. After eating, the kids got to open their presents. They were excited for their new jammies and small toy. That evening, Nathan's mom came over to watch the kids so that Nathan and I could go out to eat. Emmaline is dealing with some separation anxiety, so we took her with us. We went to LaRosa's for pizza and salad. They hadn't planned on a big crowd this evening, so they were terribly under-staffed. We waited 50 minutes to be seated and by then Emmaline was really grumpy. Thankfully, our waiter was really good, but Emmy had already reached her limit. I ended up bringing my pizza home to eat after she went to bed. Other than that, it was a good day.



Pizza Casserole, Salad, and Garlic Bread



Caramel-drizzled Heart-shaped Brownies


Jacob with his new TMNT figures



His new "Cars" jammies


Gabrielle and her new doggies



Her new "Little Mermaid" jammies

Emmaline with her new onesies and elephant toy

Nathan and I
(Jacob took this picture and did a really good job!)

My Presents
I got to pick them out this year...I had a B2G1 coupon at Yankee Candle so I got three new jar candles. Then, I got 50 sweetheart roses for $2.99 from Aldi. Each bunch had 25 in it and they were B1G1.

3 comments:

Emily said...

So cute to see Jacob's picture of you guys! Sorry your date got cut short, that can be so frustrating when you have high hopes for an evening and an cranky kiddo makes things tough.

Stephany said...

What a creative idea to give PJ's! I love how you are so organized . . I hope to be there when we have 3 children!!! Cute pictures!

Gwen Ernst said...

Your're right, Jacob did take a great picture! And the flowers are beautiful!