Thursday, February 28, 2008

Look What Emmaline Can Do! and a Trip to the Audiologist

I woke up this morning to the sound of Emmaline babbling in her bed (she still sleeps in the pack 'n play in our room). I looked over the end of the bed and found this:

This might not look like a big deal, but this is the first time that she has sat herself up by herself. I was so proud of her!

So, our day goes on, and we go to the audiologist for a hearing test. Emmaline's left ear is testing the same with mild to moderate loss. Her right ear tested a little worse than last time due to some congestion (she's got a runny nose and is teething on that side), but it wasn't bad enough to cause concern on anyone's part. Our audiologist, Sarah, said that it is really hard to get accurate hearing tests in the winter because of all the illnesses going around. We go back in May to see the ENT dr. and have another hearing test done. Please continue to pray that Emmy will regain complete hearing in her left ear...God worked a miracle in her right one (Sarah still talks about it) and we know He can do the same in the left if He chooses to.

When we got home from the audiologist, I put Emmaline down on the floor in the living room so I could go make lunch. No sooner was she on the floor than she started doing this:

It may be hard to tell from the picture, but she is pushing up on her hands and knees! Seems that she decided to save a lot of "firsts" for today. What a big girl!

1 comment:

Emily said...

And you think I've been busy! Wow! You've had a busy couple of weeks! I love all the reports on Emmy's birthday - I can't believe she's 1! What a big girl! And the sitting up and rocking on hands and knees is awesome! Yeah! (She was just waiting for all that birthday craziness to check off a couple more milestones)

We're looking forward to the 13th. Did you get your pc stuff yet? I heard it got passed to Joan, but I didn't know if you saw her today or not.