Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Me + CVS = Adrenaline Rush

I got some awesome deals at CVS last week and had to share.  I got everything above for $9.21...here's how I did it:

Transaction #1
1 CVS 10-ct. Ibuprofen $1.99 - free after CVS coupon
2 pkgs. band-aids - $2.99 and $3.29 each, used 2 $.50 off coupons
1 pkg. Neosporin - $5.49, used $1 off coupon

Used $2 off $10 coupon and $5.79 in ECBs
Total spent:  $2.26 and earned $5 in ECBs for the band-aids and neosporin

Transaction #2
4 Oral-B toothbrushes - on sale for $1.99/each, used 2 $1 off 2 coupons
1 Banana Boat Baby sunscreen - $9.99

Used $2 off $10 coupon and $10 in ECBs
Total spent:  $4.37 and earned $5 in ECBs for the sunscreen

Transaction #3
3 square Puffs - on sale for $.88, used 3 $.25 off coupons
2 candles (because I deserve a treat for scoring awesome deals!) - $.74/each
1 beltpack - not pictured, but it's cute (for my gun when I get my CCW permit) - $5.99

Used $2 off $10 coupon and $5 in ECBs
Total spent:  $2.68
Grand total for all 3 transactions $9.21

I love saving money for my family and always get an adrenaline rush when I do well.  Today was one of those good days.  People have asked how I started doing this.  Check out Money Saving Mom.  She offers a CVS 101 course on her blog that will get you started.  If you are in Dayton, you should also check out Mommin' It Up becausemy friend, Jenny, matches our local CVS ad every week with competitor coupons (bonus -  our local CVS also takes competitor coupons).  Happy shopping!

No comments: