Saturday, July 12, 2008

Strawberry Pie



Strawberry pie is one of my favorite desserts. I've been meaning to make one all summer and just now got around to doing it today. I did my best to make it healthier by putting it in a homemade whole wheat crust (yummy), but I'm not sure how much that helped. The pie didn't last as long as I had hoped though. On the way to get a fork, Jacob dropped his piece on the kitchen floor. Ellie left hers unattended on the kid-size card table and Emmaline pulled it onto the floor so she could reach it. So after these mishaps, there are only two pieces left. I doubt that I'll get to eat either of them, so I savored every bite of the piece I had tonight.


All smiles at the sight of dessert

Emmaline isn't sure she likes whipped cream between her toes

Jacob finishes off his piece

Gabrielle takes a bite

No comments: