Friday, November 9, 2007

6 Habits

Emily tagged me for a MeMe and since I don't have anything else to write about today, I'll do it now. I'm supposed to tell 6 habits I have, so here goes:

1. I wait until the last minute to get myself ready. My excuse is that I only want to do my shower/make-up/hair once, so I wait until everything else is done around the house before I make myself presentable. This is a BAD habit, because I am always in the bathroom adding the finishing touches when guests are arriving downstairs. I'm working on overcoming this, but so far, no luck.

2. I don't like diet pop, but drink a lot of it anyway. Okay, so not a lot, but any time we go out to eat, I usually get a diet whatever to drink with my meal. I was very anti-diet until I got gestational diabetes with my last pregnancy and couldn't drink regular pop anymore. Since gestational diabetes tends to comeback as type 2 diabetes later in life, I've resigned myself to drinking diet from now on. Occasionally, I'll reward myself with a regular pop...like when I go to Taco Bell (which isn't often), I always get regular Dr. Pepper. It just isn't right to get anything else to drink there!

3. I totally underestimate how long it will take us to leave the house to go somewhere. I know it takes me 45 minutes from start to finish, but I never seem to leave enough time for me to get myself plus 3 little ones into the van in a timely fashion. Hence, we are late by 5 or 10 minutes for just about everything. Of course, having a hubby who waits until the last minute to get himself (1 person) ready doesn't help!

4. I love to watch tv in the evening, so I stay up too late. Granted, I'm usually folding laundry while I watch, so I stay up until everything is folded. Unfortunately, this means I don't get to bed until 11 pm most nights. Then, I want to sleep in in the morning, which is impossible with 3 kids, so I'm tired all day, but I can't go to bed early because I have laundry to fold...it's a vicious cycle.

5. I love to cook and spend lots of time reading cooking/recipe magazines. Well..."lots of time" is relative, but I spend more time reading these magazines than others I subscribe to. It is so much fun to pick out new things to try to make by myself or with the help of the kiddos.

6. I love to blog and check other peoples' blogs. It is fun to keep others up-to-date on what our family is doing and to catch up on what friends are doing with their families.

So, there are 6 habits I have. I'm supposed to tag someone else to do this MeMe, but since most of my friends don't blog, I'm not sure who to tag. If you happen to be reading this and want to join in the fun, feel free.

No comments: