Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Turkey Day!


We are home after our whirlwind day. Thankfully, the day started out with nothing to do in the morning. It was nice to relax at home before heading out to see both sides of our family. Lunch was with my family at my parents' house. Everything was so yummy! Then we went to Nathan's parents' for dinner. We had a good time visiting with several of his relatives. It is nice to have a day set aside to remember all we are thankful for. Here is a short list of things I'm thankful for:


1. Nathan: my best friend, world's greatest dad, protector of our fair city
2. Jacob: so funny, smart, and rotten, all rolled into one (He keeps me on my toes!)
3. Gabrielle: so caring, silly, and musical (I love to listen to her sing!)
4. Emmaline: such a sweetheart, the world's best-behaved baby (She melts my heart with each smile!)
5. Supportive family: they've been there through it all (including our rough start to this year)
6. Miami Valley Down Syndrome Association: we've made some great new friends in this group
7. That Emmaline has remained healthy despite the hole in her heart and that God restored the hearing in her right ear
8. Our church, especially our home group
9. Homeschooling: lots of fun, lots of work, but totally worth it!
10. God: who give me everything I need and more


Here are some pictures to highlight the day:

Turkey Placecards made by Jacob and Ellie


Emmaline hoping Aunt Katie will drop something

Andy, Dad, Katie, Nathan, and Mom

Jacob


Ellie and Emmaline (on Mimi's rocking horse)

Emmaline enjoyed her jar of sweet potatoes and turkey

Ellie enjoys her chocolate turkey

Playing video games with Uncle David

No comments: