Saturday, November 10, 2007

Happy 22nd Birthday Andy!




Although his birthday isn't officialy until 11/12, we celebrated today because it fit everyone's schedules. We enjoyed Mom's famous chicken potpie, lots of veggies, homemade bicuits with homemade jam, and a yummy homemade cheesecake for dessert. Andy got some neat presents (like a display case for the coins he has started collecting) and we had a good time visiting before he had to leave for work. Then it was home to get the kids in bed so they won't be sleepy for church tomorrow. I'm ready to turn in myself and have just finished folding 4 loads of laundry, so I deserve some much needed sleep.
You'll notice a monkey theme in the following pictures. My family gives nicknames to most people (just ask my best friend, Moly Bolkersneitzal, aka, Emily) and things and somehow Andy ended up as "Monkeybutt". So in honor of the nickname, Mom put "Curious George" on the cheesecake, had matching plates and napkins, and we gave him a monkey giftbag and a monkey card.

Jacob and Ellie help Uncle Andy blow out the candles on his cheesecake.

Emmaline helps Uncle Andy unwrap presents.

I'm sure this was his most prized gift. It is a container of "Anti-Monkeybutt" powder. When I saw it, I couldn't resist getting it for Andy. Don't worry, we gave him money too!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Can you believe the little bro/sis are 22? I still remember when you called me and said you weren't supposed to tell anyone, but your mom was pregnant. And I said, "I'm not supposed to tell anyone either, but so is my mom!" Those little babies have grown up fast...